8.28.2009

11 Days In The Hole/Bill Maher Is 'Stupid'

Its been a few days off but I am still glad to be working more than is healthy, while being paid by the hour, and silently observing the happenings on the Eastern Front.

I am especially happy to see the decrepit, decaying body that is Congress wither in front of our eyes. Nancy Pelosi is in hiding somewhere in the haven of California during the August recess, probably kicking at her winery and getting crunk with Barb Boxer and indulging in more Botox injections. Barney Frank is, well, Barney Frank growing more and more agitated at his constituency and New York Congressman Eric Massa proudly stating, then backtracking a little as is customary for any elected idiot, that he would vote against the interests of his constituency as long as he was doing what HE thought was right...Is this a surprise at all??

Nevertheless, as we emerge from said August recess and the President takes his vacation in Marthas Vineyard we can be assured that this winter will be a long and cold one as far as the politics of our country are concerned.

What really has put a little fire in my tank this week are the remarks I heard from Bill Maher. You know, the guy who had the late, late show on CBS then left that to go to HBO so he could say whatever he wanted. I don't know what the ratings are for that little ditty of a program, but I cannot say that they are that great, he is constantly joining the talking heads on CNN to give his little pithy comments on various subjects while plugging his show, then getting gusy bashing conservatives, kissing the ass of the President and how he is so freaking smart. Right.



Its pretty apparent from Mr. Mahers comments and overall attitude that he a giant among insects and the rest of us, meaning you and I, are nothing more than mindless zombies and that we cannot think for ourselves. Never mind that since we, as a people, cannot seem to come to a consensus on weather or not our Government should dole out our health care instead of letting us make our own decisions. Its obvious that the majority of Americans do not want to be told by the Government how to live or under what conditions. Has that not been a bold sign in our faces?

I have a question for you Billy, are we the only "stupid" country out there or are there others? Your ego and apparent contempt for the average citizen incites nausea at best, nor does it lack any substance at all. On top of it, in previous comments, you stated that America is stupid because there is a large part, perhaps not a majority, that would vote for Sara Palin. Tell me how this makes someone stupid. I, personally, don't know that I would vote for her, so does that make me "smart"?

There is one important piece that you are failing to realize, Bill; pure intelligence is God given. It is not learned or gathered. Then again, you have repeatedly denounced religion and you ego is so incredibly stifling to us little folk so I doubt you believe in any being greater than yourself anyway.

In the end I will resort to that of the "stupid American"...If I see Bill Maher, I will fight him.

No comments: